What You’ll Do:
As Head of Safety for India & South Asia you will:
- Support and work closely with INSA leadership and key cross functional partners to develop and deliver a safety strategy for the region that supports the safe delivery of growth ambitions, management of operational safety risks and protects and enhances Uber’s social licence to operate.
- Be a trusted advisor and thought leader to help define what the future of safety in the industry should look like.
- Work closely with Operation and Policy teams to support engagement with external stakeholders on safety and regulatory innovation in the industry
- Lead a small and highly skilled IndaSA Safety team
- Work with global and other APAC regional stakeholders in helping drive forward global and and regional safety initiatives
What You’ll Need:
- Substantial experience of 13+ years in operating in large, complex and safety critical industries
- Experience in leading the development of national strategies for large and complex organisations
- Degree / Masters qualified in related disciplines
- 5+ years of Experience in leading a team of highly skilled individuals
- Ability to break down large ambiguous problems, identify key opportunities and considerations, define strategies and drive through to successful execution
- Experience operating in a fast moving and matrix organisation, ability to work and influence cross functional partners around complex problem settings
- Ability to ‘look around corners’ and anticipate emerging risk areas associated with a strategy and proactively engage stakeholders to address
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong analytical skill set and demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data and insights to various senior audiences