We are looking for CS Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager, West India Lead for our Corporate Solutions business.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We employ more than 400 HSSE specialists across our Corporate Solutions business. Our primary areas of safety focus are in our Facilities Management and Project & Development Services but also encompass wider CS product lines. Until now, our HSSE management has been built around local and regional structures. However, with the increasing globalization of our client base, we are now seeking to implement a global HSSE programme to deliver the global consistency and excellence our clients and shareholders demand and our people deserve. This role will be crucial in ensuring the global programme is implemented across the account sites in West India of our CS Business.
What this job involves
As senior member of the JLL West Asia HSSE team, this individual will be accountable for providing HSSE expertise and overseeing Corporate Solutions accounts and supporting HSSE professional domiciled in the West India region.
The successful candidate will be capable of meeting consistent goals set by the Regional HSSE Lead and Global HSSE function. Goals will be continuously stretched in pursuit of our safety and sustainability ambitions. The most important objective of this role will be ensuring that our employees and sub-contractors across the West India region return home safely at the end of their workday. This will require a sustained reduction of incidents and injury rates across our CS businesses, and engagement with the wider West India Corporate Solutions community in raising awareness and taking accountability for personal safety and wellness.
This role reports directly to the Corporate Solutions Regional HSSE Lead, with regular reporting to the West Asia Leadership and will have accountability for implementation of the Global CS HSSE program across all West India Corporate Solutions operations
As a member of the HSSE team the CS Cluster HSSE Lead will be responsible for deploying and supporting the JLL health, safety and environmental risk management strategy and supporting the HSSE professionals in their cluster. The role will be dedicated to managing HSSE matters for CS and CS client accounts in the allocated West India region. The main function will be to;
- enable the CS business to comply with JLL, cultural, client and statutory requirements in its operations:
- demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental issues, ensuring that the JLL HSSE Management System and Standards are applied across areas of responsibility;
- ensure alignment and compliance with HSSE policies and practice and statutory requirements;
- facilitate the delivery and management of HSSE, by supporting CS staff to achieve compliance and performance reporting against all JLL & client-set HSSE metrics and KPI’s;
- support a programme for training, audit, measurement and reporting HSSE performance against agreed standards;
- support new business pursuits, transition of new accounts and expansion of existing accounts;
- promote a positive, proactive HSSE culture and to influence stakeholders;
- implement practical risk management strategies.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we encourage team members to show their ingenuity.
- Coordinate the implementation of HSSE monitoring procedures that ensure the timely internal management reporting of performance.
- Assist the Sourcing and Procurement (S&P) team in approving and monitoring JLL Contractors.
- Meet operational objectives as specified by the relevant business leaders.
- Have a pragmatic and cost-effective approach to HSSE management.
- Identify conclusions or approaches to problems including strengths and weaknesses of existing systems and alternative solutions
- Manage HSSE team members operating within the region, both direct reporting, matrix reporting relationships.
- Support IFM’s goals of alignment to ISO14001 & ISO45001 Standards.
- Ensure the delivery an HSSE training programme based on the JLL HSSE training model and which is compliant with all local requirements in the region.
- Manage the relationships between accounts, business functions and employees who operate within the region.
- Provide guidance and advice on health and safety risk management at all levels in the assigned region.
- Ensure CS account across the West India meets the JLL Global HSSE Standards.
- Keep abreast of legislation advice and to alert the CS business to such changes that will impact on the business.
- As directed, produce and update policy proposals and procedural amendments reflecting changes in legislation, best practice or advice.
- Assist with investigations into specific incidents or accidents with a health & safety and/or environmental consequence and ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Support work teams, to secure operational HSSE compliance, including providing support for HSSE audits and inspections as required.
- Support staff with the completion of HSSE risk assessments and the identification of appropriate control solutions.
Communication & Reporting
- Ensure the ownership of HSSE is driven into the operations teams and supply chain partners responsible for delivering services;
- Secure the development of a positive, proactive HSSE culture at all levels throughout the region.
- Establish effective relationships and work closely and co-operatively with business leaders, senior managers, account teams, JLL employees, the client and our supply chain.
- Identify, organise, lead or/and attend appropriate HSSE communication forums.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to the role as determined by the West Asia Corporate Solutions HSSE Lead.
Build and maintain client relationships
- Develop, and “own” strong relationships with client’s key representatives and local stakeholders.
- Develop, and manage regular localized client meetings and feedback sessions.
- Build a relationship with the client developing trust and demonstrating ownership and drive of innovation and change management.
- Ensure a pro-active approach to understanding the client’s changing priorities.
- Creates and enhances standardized processes and infrastructure in order to provide superior and safe real estate and business solutions for our clients.
Develop and lead a high performing team (if any direct reports)
- Positive impact on people and a force for good in the communities in & around the client’s sites.
- Attract, develop and retain a team of talented employees; committed to delivering exceptional client results and demonstrating the JLL values.
- Understand strengths, opportunities and skill sets of existing support team and provide day to day management and coaching to increase productivity. Consider location of resources reporting to the account and make appropriate changes over time.
- Identify any gaps in skill sets or resources required to achieve account goals. Prior to adding headcount, understand capacity of existing team or broader resources across the HSSE platform.
- Align the team with client priorities and the account and HSSE function’s vision and strategy.
- Ensure career and succession plans are structured and pro-actively managed to avoid operational disruption.
- Improve team performance through regular coaching and feedback.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have
Our ideal candidate will have
- A strong focus on the delivery of objectives, including an ability to provide creative and innovative solutions based on a sound understanding of business requirements.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to deal with all people at all organisational levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take positive action to resolve issues on own initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and show foresight in relation to existing and potential problems.
- Computer literate with a knowledge of commonly used software programmes, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to research and produce management information and specialist reports making recommendations as appropriate.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to balance competing demands and to meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to identify trends and identify the root causes of any problems.
- Recognised HSE professional qualifications.
- Min. 8 years of experience in the field of HSE
- Proven history of implementation of environmental, health and safety systems and processes.
- Relevant HSSE experience in a similar environment (e.g. Property Services, Facilities Management, HSSE enforcement or consultancy).
- Experience HSSE professionals across multiple accounts.
- Must be willing and able to travel internally as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
- Previous experience of working across multiple-states and managing multi-cultural teams.
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001, 45001 Qualifications.
- Membership of a local environmental management professional body.
- Additional Indian language(s).
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe, where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you…
JLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 91,000 as of March 31, 2019 JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated.
Click to apply