Job Description Summary
Roles will typically be in shared service; may support multiple businesses, but not necessary. Subject matter experts will generally fall into this category. Typically HQ Jobs and NOT on site. For client facing roles, use Operational EHS family. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Individuals with expertise in a specific area, such as industrial hygiene, injury & illness, ergonomics, electrical safety, process safety management, etc. and/or providing general health & safety advice and support for multiple sites or a region. Note: Individuals located a specific site who support only that site should be classified as Operational, Fixed Facilities,” even if they have a specific area of expertise unless they also support multiple sites or service operations. May include individuals supporting services, projects and construction.*
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Environmental Health & Safety & Health and Safety. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Click To Apply